Monday, May 22, 2006

musical notes


Recently,I bought,of all things a mouthorgan.The decision to buy it had been arrived upon by me after a lot of complatetion,which was a result of a growing frustration over the fact that I knew nothing that can be called artistic.Studies had never been an art.While in school I used to be very much passionate about painting but I hardly get time to paint and to tell the truth the passion too had burnt out itself to much extent;same is the case with writing.Apart from being so unartistic,my inability to play any musical organ gnawed at my conscience with teeth more sharp.My choice of mouth organ was due to the following reasons:

  1. Since childhood I had been amazed by this little piece of thing which can proudce surprisingly melodius notes.I remember how at every fair I would buy a cheap plastic prototype and blew it for days till it was broken and could not be played anymore.
  2. It is cheap,costing only sixty rupees.
  3. I think it is easy to learn.
  4. It looks very hip.

I began to play it very discreetly because I thought it would be ridiculous to others to see me playing a mouthorgan all of a sudden. On days,especially weekends,when I am at Burdwan ,in the late afternoon,as the sun starts dying its daily death with a lot of blood spilling across the firmament,I would climb to the roof and play the thing ,always careful about not being seen by people on nearby rooves.Though by now everyone in the house know this I still keep it a open seceret except when the children,infront of whom I openly play, are concerned.

Altough I thought that it was easy to learn to play a mouthorgan I knew it would not be a cakewalk.So when I could not get a proper tune out of the device and still cannot,I was not engulfed by a sense of frustration.I told to myself "Don't be too anxious to learn it in the shortest possible time.Just keep on playing regularly."My both grandfathers were very much musical and so is my younger uncle ,that is why I have faith on my musical sense.

I realized sinscerity was not enough, a basic knowledge about the device is also necessary.So I did a search on google and found out a good site providing tips.Now I am following those tips.I dream of a day when I would render so many melodious tunes effortlessly,so effotlessly that my eyes would smile while I play.

No comments: