Wednesday, May 24, 2006

finally,planeshift


On a previous occassion when I did a google search on free MMORPGs I came upon three games which promised to be good enough to try.These were runescape and planeshift and eternallands.While the first one was a browser based game eternal lands had a very small client download.The problem was with the planeshift.It was 260 mb download.My connection is broadband only in the name actually it is no better than a dial up.So the prospect of downloading the game was quite discouraging and I decided to make myself happy with the other two games.
As a month passed and they to some extent loose their appeal I began to play with the idea of giving it a try.

It took me two and half days(by day I mean 24 hours) to download the client and I have to give up other uses of the net for that period.And as a fitting finale, when I tried to run the installer,
it turned out to be damaged.How I felt at that moment.I so badly wanted to be angry with someone and crack his or her head.

After that painful episode I vowed never to think of that game,how tempting might it be and month after month I was true to myself.However at this moment the thing does not stand as such.Ever since the speed of my connection improved a bit the thought started badgering me.I reasoned with myself ,now that I had a better speed the download would not take as long as the last time,and also this time I would not sacrifice much for its sake;I would download it when I am not using the net for other purposes,and how many days it take to be completed I did not care.If the installer turned out to be damaged again I did not care because I have nothing to lose.

It took me about 16 hours excluding the time I spend on the net surfing or chatting.I kept my computer running all throufh the night while I slept.Fortunately this time the installer ran and soon I was in the land of planeshift and I realized the tag line of the game"one universe is not enough" is very much true.

No comments: