Monday, May 22, 2006

the journey home(contd.)


As minutes passed and the over crowded train made its way along gleaming iron tracks through verdant rice fields,as it always happens in a train journey,I began to feel idle and so my eyes roamed around the compartment like a worthless vagavond.This was when I was stunned by her beauty.She was extremly beautiful.It did not come to my head how I had missed her beauty all along.So taken aback was I by this sudden revealation that I did not realize that I was staring at her openly, till she turned her eyes toward me.

Despite the presence of her mother by her side and other members of the group she was travelling with,I could not help taking a furtive look at her now and then.My spirit rose further as I also noticed that she was not as young as I had thought.It was only because of her delicate build that she looked far younger than her age.Things took an exciting turn as she, beyond my expectation,began to return my covert gazes.My blood boiled with a feverish nervousness whose sensation always feels so great.However the fear of being unable to handle the situation that might be entailed by too many loking at each other also crept into my mind.And there was always the dreadful possibility that she ,sensing my weakness,was toying with me ,so typical of a greatlooking woman or girl.

I looked out of the window of the speeding train and tried to set my mind on my own problems .Through the corner of my eyes I could see that the girl,who too was loooking through the same window ,was from time to time directing her eyes upon me.But however I was not preapared for what she did next.She nudged my foot with her toes.At first I ignored thinking it was done inadvertantly but I was proved wrong when I could sense apparent deliberation when she again did the same thing.How do I felt ?Was I nervous?Confused,not knowing what to do?Or angry?I thought I looked angry when I turned to look at her.She smiled meekly and dropped her eyes.Till now I am not sure if I was wrong in looking so stern.

Afterwards, our eyes met a number of time and I tried to look more easygoing and approachable
and I wished she did that thing again so that I can reciprocate this time but she never did it again.At times I would approach my foot close to hers and maintain a delicate touch as way of encouragement.

The train rolled into Burdwan station and I disembarked without trying to find if she was looking at me.

No comments: