Wednesday, September 20, 2006

a sticky situation

In India where reliabilty is rare you never know when you will get caught unware especially if you are availing your self a public service. The other day I have had this horrible experience at the Howrah station. The morning had started for me with sensation of uneasiness in my stomach. On disembarking from the train I realized that I need to go to a loo immediately. I cant wait to get to college. The paid loos on the station premise looked assuring with their cleanliness and surprisingly they were not crowded. However the look was only deceptive as I soon realised. When needed most the water disappeared from the tap. The next few minutes was a nightmare. I kept shouting for water from behind the closed door but no one paid heed to me, while I was getting late for my college. It was after fifteen minutes that somebody handed me a mug of water while I opened the door partly. After this little experience I have become more weary of these public toilets.

2 comments:

Kshitij L said...

this is why I always keep a pack of Huggies nearby.

Scoot said...

oh that is really sad :(