Saturday, September 23, 2006

little criticism on Sania

This morning I was surfing the channels with much disinterest when I happened to come across the repeat telecast of Sania Mirza's quarter final match in the Sunfeast open, which is being held in nearby Kolkata. It was known to me that she by virtue of a much improved performance had won the match and in the process had set up a much anticipated and possibly a high voltage semifinal clash with none other than Martina Hingis who is also taking part in the tournament where she,goes without saying, is the biggest star.

The game was ok. However I could not help but notice, not without some irritation, how the girl committed so many unforced errors.She was hitting the ball into the nets quite often as though she was seeing the net much lower than it was. It was her dress that jarred me. I find it inexplicble why a girl would show her nipples when she wears a t-shirt if she has her underwear on. Sania should give this matter some thought. It is very good of any one to say that one should concentrate on the game and not on what the players wear.But let me tell you it does look very bad especially when you are watching her sitting in the middle of a traditional Indian family and it is extremely embrassing. While I watched the match I had a constant fear that I might be misunderstood- someone might think that I was not watching the match but her. I do not understand why should a young girl who is in the focus of the public view, should not take care to not to show her nipples no matter howmuch cute they happened to be.Here I must add that the fact that player like Martina Hingis is coming to play in India really feels good. Many mainstream and renowned international singers and bands are also touring India regularly. I don't know when F1 will come to India.

Sooner the better.
Obviously.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!