Tuesday, October 10, 2006

understand me, please

During the recent puja vacation I did not go to my village deliberately, while others, uncle,aunt and their children went. I knew a visit to home would not have been a pleasant affair. Given that I have been disqualified from sitting in the final exam resulting a loss in a year my parents would have only talked about this certain mishap that I had incurred upon myself only because of my , I cannot deny the fact, carelessness and negligence. On every slight opportunity that they would have had they would have certainly broached the subject and point out endlessly how I myself had landed my life and future prospect in a mess. Presence of uncle who is too happy to find fault with me would have only made things difficult for me. So I stayed back. However I had my suspicion. And yesterday when everyone returned from their weeklong stay at Malda the suspicion proved to be a valid one. My father came too alongwith them and from the very start he had only one thing to speak about. I told him repeatedly that I don't want to talk about the past but he kept on going on and on till it was dinner time. I was really frustrated when he resumed his harangue after the dinner was over. I actually got angry with him. I spoke in loud voice. I asked him why they were looking to make my life more difficult. I told many other things that I should not have said. Afterwards I felt very bad. But what could have I done? I want to forget the past. I want to start afresh with a new zeal and zest but they always keep me reminding me of that past seldom . I understand they all are very concerned about me but perhaps they should understand me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog.Welcome back anytime.
School can be a pain and parents only make it worse.They want what is best for us but sometimes can be overbearing.I wish you the best of luck.

Deepak Gopi said...

Hi :)
forget everything.Past is past.
Exams r nothing.It could not judge your calibre.
Dont worry.Everthing will come fine.

Butchie said...

Yeah, think about the dog & the sheep.

Shruti said...

its a human nature that people remember every bad thing happen to them but forget about the good ones...
just cheer up..these things are there just to make you more stronger and make you learn the hardenings of life...

Anne said...

Hello. I think you're a very good writer, but you need to change computer games every once in a while so you don't see gridlines! What would happen if you don't see a fence and walk into it? :D

I had a hard time finding your blog - I had to Google it. When you left a comment on my blog, I clicked your name, and it was a hyperlink to your profile, of course... but I didn't find a link in your profile that goes to your blog - the part where the stories are, I mean.

If you want it to be easier for people to read your blog, please do this:
Go to the Dashboard of the blog, the place where you sign in, and then click "Edit Profile" on the right side of the page.

When you are in the Edit Profile screen with a lot of blank spaces for you to fill in, look for a space that asks for your Homepage URL about halfway down the page. This is where you write your address, http://musingsfromindia.blogspot.com/ It may help people see your wonderful blog more easily. Such talent should be seen and enjoyed.

SmeaGollum said...

Try to think from your dad's perspective. Obviously he is concerned. Its his right to talk to you about his worries, doesn't he? And seriously, exams and nagging are very insignificant things in the long run and definitely not worth spoiling your relationship.